Top five things that are forgotten when moving home
- Tell people you’re moving and on what day – Some movers neglect to notify utilities providers, neighbors and even family members that they are moving.
- Dismantle furniture – Wardrobes and beds that were purchased flat-packed and assembled inside may not move in one piece.
- Make sure white goods are disconnected – Remember to turn the services off at the mains and get a professional to prepare them for moving.
- Packing – We often find the packing is incorrect. Don’t forget to empty and pack the contents of the loft, shed or basement in advance of the day.
- Tea and coffee – Mark up a box of essentials and reserve for the kettle, tea and coffee, milk, disposable cups and biscuits. Tools may also come in handy!