We all know that moving, whether it be long or short distance, can be one of the most stressful and frustrating times in our lives. As much as we may be ready to part ways and move onto making new memories in a different property, the pressure of delayed exchanges and unexpected circumstances can be a little overwhelming for the best of us.
Here are a few tips and ideas to help take some of the ‘load’ off your shoulders;
- First things first, saying goodbye to the junk. It may be a cabinet full of useless and out dated paperwork or it may be your dogs first set of chew toys that are now a tired looking pile of rags; de-cluttering can reduce your apprehensions of packing massively. Free up some space in the house to give yourself a head start for a calm move.
- Secondly; prioritising and organising. It is vital for your own peace of mind to put upcoming tasks into order and space them out accordingly. To start with, ensure you have us booked in for your Removal to ensure a professional and pain free move. A quick phone call and visit to the property and we will take care of the rest. Then move onto putting your packing into order. Always make sure that you give yourself ample time to organise this, pack un-needed items first and label clearly to avoid confusion on arrival of your new destination. Or alternatively, why not take advantage of our packing service! Our employees have years of experience on their shoulders and are devoted to treating your move as if it were their own. If it’s boxes you are needing, we have them in all sizes for you to buy or borrow. If you wish to return them, we give you a whole month to unpack ready for us to collect them from you if you are reasonably local.
- Thirdly; always remember to look after yourself and loved ones through stressful times. Eating healthy and sleeping well will help to keep your mind collected and sound so it will be easier to keep on top of the million and one things involved with moving.
- Next comes a friendly reminder to keep calm and collected. Even the most organised moves can hit some winding and unexpected events along the way. The best way to deal with these situations is to simply go with the flow. There is always a solution to any problem you may be faced with, so try your best to keep that mindset at the front of your thoughts!
- Last but not least; say your goodbyes. Often people are moving from a house filled with memories of family and laughter and it can be rather upsetting to think of leaving those behind. So why not invite your friends over and have a dinner party! Crack open a bottle of wine, lounge around with the people who matter the most and revel in the good times.
Here at Town & Country Removals look forward to helping you with any concerns or worries you may have, so why not give us a call on 01444 831263 to get the ball rolling!